Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
19127644

I was formerly employed at Vons in Las Vegas. I have 41 yrs

Customer Question

My name is***** and I was formerly employed at Vons in Las Vegas. I have 41 yrs working with the company , 21 years of it as store manager. I have never been written up or in any type of trouble in that time as a store manager. Recently a read and sign sheet regarding credit card fraud was given to me for all employees to sign off on. Not all signatures were there so I asked my supervisors to get the signatures completed. I told them I don't care how you get it done but you must get it done and fax it on. An employee working on the night crew called the hot line and claimed he never signed it. I'm not quit sure who forged the signatures. The LP person visited my store for 3 weeks I felt like I was being a harassed for so long and at our last meeting I told him it was me that sign off on the sheets. I continued work for 4 days thinking I would be suspended for a week but not terminated. If you check the signatures you would see that I did not sign anything. I had given the sign off sheets to 2 supervisors to complete a week before.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information, can you please tell me what your legal question is? Also, are you in a union? Finally, just to be clear are you saying you told your boss you signed these forms for the employees who refused?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I don't provide telephone consultations since that would violate my Bar ethics rules. If you would like to continue with your question, we can do it via this forum very effectively. If not, you are free to opt out of working with me and perhaps another Expert would be willing to provide a phone consultation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know from what you have read do I have case at all. answer to your other question I am a non union employee, and yes I told my boss that I sign names to the sheet but they were not mind, and my reason for doing so is because sometimes at manager to you can sound pretty force full telling employees to do something when they fail to complete there jobs, because of my time with the company I did not think I would be terminated and the reason why said I sign off those sheet because of my conscious I felt that I might have made them do something that they should have not done. and that is why I said sign the off sheets and also felt I was being harass form the LP person for some kind of answer.

Thank you for that clarification. Unless your employer provided job protection via a Company policy, then you would likely have no legal recourse for your termination. That is because, NV, like most states, is an employment "at will" state. That means that an employer may terminate an employee for any, or no, reason and with no notice or warning, unless doing so would violate a contract or the employer terminated them only because of their gender, race, national origin, age (over 40), religion, disability, pregnancy, or military service. So, unless your situation falls into one of the exceptions I mentioned you would have no legal recourse or case. That is true even if the employer was unfair or arbitrary in their decision.

Please feel free to ask follow up questions if you have them. If not, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Hello again Tony,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 3rd. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.