Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am currently receiving disability payments and my return…

Customer Question
I am currently receiving disability...
I am currently receiving disability payments and my return to work date is scheduled for 3/8/16. This disability is being handled by my psychiatrist. Unfortunately, I have learned I need to have surgery tomorrow, 3/3/16, and will be unable to work for 6-8 weeks. The surgery is being done by my orthopedist. How do I "switch" disability claims? Do I file a new claim?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
3/2/2016
Employment Lawyer: Attorney2020, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer

A new disability claim would have to be filed. Have you retained a workers compensation attorney yet? If not, I would suggest you do this to ensure that you are receiving all proper medical treatment. Here is a link to a qualified workers compensation firm: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwi96f2uuKLLAhXDOyYKHbw3Av8QFggdMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgtlawoffices.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNEvVZCsFOo9G0WzJraZLb34koD2DQ&sig2=iRBN1s7kUSI-xP4zg52-qg&bvm=bv.115339255,d.eWE

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thanks.