Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Do I have any recourse if I'm told I'm not eligible?

Customer Question
Do I have any recourse...
Do I have any recourse if I'm told I'm not eligible for unemployment?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
3/2/2016
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Sorry you are having to deal with this.I know it can be overwhelming.

Yes you are afforded appeal rights here under the law.

Here is how to appeal and seek a different and better outcome.You need to make sure you get your appeal in asap here so you can protect your rights for benefits.

http://www.uimn.org/uimn/applicants/howappeal/

The Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Law provides an opportunity for a fair and impartial hearing to any party who disagrees with a determination issued by the Minnesota Unemployment Insurance (UI) Program.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I hope you will appeal here and see if you cannot win benefits.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreciated.

Ray, Employment lawyer