Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

A wil fill violation how bad is that to settle with them…

Customer Question
a wil fill violation how...
a wil fill violation how bad is that to settle with them
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
3/2/2016
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A willful violation of what? Who wants you to accept one violation of what?
the state labor department for certifying payrolls that had human errors or mistakes
I certified 8hrs but men only worked on site for 6 rs
this is hwy road construcion
Thank you for your reply.
If they were mistakes, you do not have to admit to willful violations. However, it also depends on how many days it happened and for how many employees. The court will believe an accounting error on one day or for one or two employees, but if it happened consistently on multiple days, the court is not going to believe you made a mistake or accounting error. However, if you are not guilty of what they claim, then you need to insist on going to trial, since they have to prove claims against you beyond a reasonable doubt.