Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

Where can I get a employment lawyer in Cleveland to take a

Customer Question

Where can I get a employment lawyer in Cleveland to take a case for my wife. Sh works for a school for27 years--flawless record.--She found her mother dead and the estate has been fighting, she cried a ll night one day and went to work the next and another secy asked what happened because her eyes were swollen. The supt. was out of town and my wife told this secy that her family wished her dead too. She was told that the day would be slow, so take the day off and she went home. That night she got a call from the supt and was told she is not to come to work and she on paid leave and had to looked at for self harm evaluation---to make along story short, the said doctor cleared her talking to her but then went against the ADA federal law and used her pass medical records of some 10 years against her for substance abuse and demanded classes with court ordered drug people and dragged her threw the mud so to speak holding a gun to her head that if she did not comply she would be fired---she never was a drug addict off the street---she was on pain killers for a torn disc under the care of the cleveland clinic of which this said Doctor was using for his needs to keep this case open--FLMA laws were also broken--this is only a part---I need to talk to a lawyer to explain the fine print and also explain we have all records, medicals records, e-mails, etc in hand---this doctor has the school board brain washed into believing him which we can prove is a lie. This case has no bearing what so ever on her past 10 years--I believe it to be a act just to fire her---this case should have never been and is 100 against my wife's rights----pleas advise----thank you----my name is***** personal cell is(###) ###-####----I'm retired----4 kids at home--heart problems--stressed out---need help
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry, we cannot represent anyone from this site, you can get an attorney from the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
If the school doctor has gone into the medical records and the school has then discriminated against her as though she had a disability, it would be against HIPAA (which means you must file a complaint with the US Department of Health and Human Services, who is the only agency allowed to investigate and take action under HIPAA). Furthermore, unless she signed to disclose her medical records to the doctor, he had no rights to access them. Your spouse's action against the doctor would be for a violation of his duty of confidentiality of medical records.
In addition, if the school is treating her as disabled or is discriminating against her based on a disability, then the next step for her is to also file a complaint with the EEOC as they would investigate the claims to grant her a right to sue letter so she could proceed to court.