Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am at the end of the last hour on being able to write my

Customer Question
Hello, I am at the...
Hello, I am at the end of the last hour on being able to write my response to my letter of reprimand and have been searching everywhere for a template and can not find one. Can you help?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I mistakenly forgot to tell a person that I took a photo after he was not present for 15 min and then he needed to leave for the day. later I told him I would delete it and then remembered how everyone said I needed to CYA and he also left a message saying he wanted to see the photo for security purposes. When I went to see him he asked if I deleted the photo and I could have lied but didn't. I showed him my work phone and then explained the phone that I took the photo with (my personal) was charging in the office. I had used my personal before with no issues. I retrieved it and it only had 13% life validating I was charging it. WE deleted the photo in front of him and he said he had to notify security. security called and interviewed me for a few minutes and later said no intent was found. On the other end his complaint went way up the food chain and my boss wrote me a letter of reprimand for the photo and then added a couple things he and I had some discussions about. I am 1 year new in this position, I take photo's of safety concerns as part of my job and have never been in trouble during my 10 years of gov. work. So I get the letter and there are some mistakes, I owned up to making the mistake with the photo but now I have to file a grievance that will include negative discussion about my supervisor. I want this letter removed from my file or it will stay there for 2 years. my boss can remove it at any time yet if I file he may get upset and keep a close eye on me looking for anything he can acuse me of yet I need to stand up for myself as I feel the letter was too harsh for an hones mistake.'
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Employment Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
3/1/2016
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You cannot find such a template because no such template exists. These letters are written based on each separate situation from scratch.
What would be your specific question for us about this type of letter? Did you violate the employer's rules? What part are you seeking to dispute? Have you written up your draft response to the reprimand?
Tina, Lawyer