Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I had asked with my job months. My body is broken down and I…

Customer Question
I had asked for help...
I had asked for help with my job for several months. My body is broken down and I had gotten real far behind on my work due to needing help. I got fired on 2/21/16 they called me in to show them what everything was at my desk on a Sunday which they are closed. After showing what everything was then I was fired they did not tell me why. And now they have hired two people to do the job that they expected me to do by myself. Do I have a case?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
2/29/2016
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good day. I am Loren. a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you today.

Do you have a written employment agreement requiring cause for termination?

Do you believe you were treated differently than other employees due to your race, religion, ethnicity, etc.?

No written agreement of termination. Yes I think I was treated unfairly they knew the business had grown and knew I needed help my boss told me they hired me help and that she was happy for me to have help and that it would be better for me then she fired me.

I understand you feel you were treated unfairly, but was the treatment based upon your membership in a protected class (race, religion, ethnicity, etc)?

Are you still online with me?

Tina, Lawyer