Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed Experienced Attorney
26296561

On Tuesday February 16 I went to miami with a client from ny

Customer Question

On Tuesday February 16 I went to miami with a client from ny to put her into a nursing home. I work for them for $22 a hour for 8 hours per day but for that trip before leaving ny the agreement was they are going to pay me $22 for 24 hours for 2 days I said no what happened to my travel time as I was to cone back Thursday 18 so mr gerber said he will pay me for 3 days at $22 anyway when I get down there he want to give me $300 as I did tell him to buy my return ticket to Jamaica I had to call the police so the police talk with him and he give me a check for $200 so in all for that trip I would get $750 and I had to sleep at the airport from wedsnday 17 untill Thursday 18 12:00 for the flight
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

What is your legal question for me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Who can I go to to sue for my rest of money

Thank you for your follow up.

Did you have any type of agreement / contract with the person who employed?

Did you have a written agreement outlining how much you would be paid for the trip ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Who signed the written agreement with you, outlining the scope of your services work and the amount of payment for your work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was verbal but for the day I work for them I get pay from physicians mutual insurance company at the $22 per hour so I di have a patient care flow sheet that they sent back each time I got pay . Actually I we did work it out on paper but he didn't sign he trick me I guess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't expect that from him

Thank you for your follow up.

Who is "he"? Who did you have a verbal agreement with?

What is the amount of money that you think this person still owes you for work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brian H Gerber apt 801 ***** Miami Beach, FL###-##-#### ***** he owe me $750

Thank you for your follow up.

I do not need this person's name or address.

Generally, someone in a situation similar to your, can file a small claims court case against the person who failed to make a payment according to the verbal agreement and here is the link to the Florida Courts website that explains small claims court process:

http://www.flcourts.org/resources-and-services/family-courts/family-law-self-help-information/small-claims.stml

It is important to gather all the evidence and witnesses (if any) that show the existence and terms of the verbal agreement before the trial date, since verbal agreements are generally difficult to enforce.

I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im living in ny
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I do if im living in NY

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, the case has to be filed where the party who breached the agreement resides, so if you are unable to file and pursue the case yourself, then a local Florida attorney would have to be hired, but you still would have to show up in Florida court and testify at the trial.

I wish you the best of luck.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.