Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I'm a recent college graduate in the process of obtaining my…

Customer Question
Hi. I'm a recent college...
Hi. I'm a recent college graduate in the process of obtaining my teaching license. I have applied to substitute teach until I find something more permanent, and have to pass a drug test to do so. Unfortunately, if I do so right now, I will test positive for marijuana. I have stopped using it, but it's still in my system. If I fail the drug test, will they notify the state that is processing my certification? Also, will I be able to take another test in a few weeks when I can test negative for everything and still sub, or will failing the first test ruin that? Thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
2/25/2016
Employment Lawyer: Attorney2020, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer

The drug tests results are maintained in the database for review as long as you consent to the drug tests. The best resolution is waiting until you are completely clean to take any of the drug tests. Otherwise, you take a risk of having a drug test in your record in which you failed. I would wait it out.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Thanks, ***** ***** to know.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Attorney2020
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer