Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Painters union discrimination its unbeilvable. Falsely

Customer Question
accused of sexual harrasment working...
Painters union discrimination its unbeilvable. Falsely accused of sexual harrasment working at a hotel then fired from company i worked for a days i was sick in hospital with documents . . Spoke with my BA he won't speak up. Its so much of recordings school harrasment build up please help me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
2/25/2016
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Kindly review it, properly identify the parties and issues, add clarifying information, ask specific question, and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Falsely accused of sexual harrasment working at a hotel.Then fired from company i worked for not because the fake charge but because of days missed I was sick in hospital with documents . . Spoke with my BA he won't speak up and do his job as a union rep. This is only a very small piece of what happened. Idk what to do.

Thank you for the information. However, I still need additional information.

What state do you reside in?

What is "BA?"

What did you mean by you were sick in the hospital with documents?

Did you properly call in sick?

Do you have a doctor's note?

Were you fired for excessive absence?

Have you filed for grievance proceeding?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Illinois, and BA business agent. I was sick and have been for a while. I see doctors and everytime I was out I had doctors note even emergency department papers. Yes my superintendent said it was due to absence at the hotel. But after i was let go from the Hyatt and no charge was brought up they denied it was sexual harrasment and i had my recorder handy. In conclusion my business agent wont represent me . Again this is only small part of it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No grievance filed because when I tried before my BA called and rudely stated "No one is over me you can't do what you want everything start and stops with me". This was the district council i called before for a issue I had

Thank you for the information and for your cooperation.

If you belong to a Union, you have to proceed in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement. If your Union Representative is unwilling to help, you need to proceed with filing the grievance on your own with your former employer or contact your Union headquarters to assist you in filing the complaint.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah i even called the international nothing has been done. When i call Headquarters they send me to my Business Rep. I've tried it all.

That's quite disheartening that the Union does not want to work with you. You may have to file complaint against the Union with National Labor Relations Board for refusal to assist you. Your dues are paid so that you can receive assistance from the Union on this kind of matter and not be given runaround. Click on the link below to file complaint against the Union:

https://apps.nlrb.gov/chargeandpetition/#/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah my dues are paid until march time for new quarter. Its so much the whole union is working together politics wise. Even the JATC is involved. Is this my best option?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dont I need a personal lawyer?

Filing complaint with the NLRB is your best option right now.

Most Attorneys who handle employee issues take quite hefty retainer. So, it is prudent to get the Union to assist you before seeking your own Attorney.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I went to the BMST over the DISTRICT even the international. No one will assist me its a chain of command my word doesn't mean anything as a 2nd year apprentice. Im sure they wont help me out this is urgent im losing my apartment, im sure I've been discriminated against starting from when my sandwich was spit on no charges was brought up against that company. But they can bash and destroy my character saying I sexually harrased a woman on thr 16th floor then lie about it and now i have no job if i didnt do it why am i fired from my orginal company? I seriously feel I need a personal lawyer because this will never end. I have documents from doctors recordings im always aware because I've been a target since i started. I do political action work everything. Its too much first they sandwich then school issue then hyatt then my company then the union its all happened back to back . someone need to listen and hear everything cause i cant type it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is why our State Governor doesn't support union it is no union strong. No fair working conditions or equal oppurtunity no solidarity at all.

Thank you for the additional information.

You need to use the following sites to find Attorneys that may represent you:

http://www.madufflaw.com/

http://www.findlaw.com

http://www.lawyers.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing has happened I called around tried grievance. Im now kicked out of school but no one believe im being targeted it. This is past my civil rights being violated

What is your follow-up question?

If you do not have another question, kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your questions.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law