Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Seek the legal operating of a company in your state name;

Customer Question
Freight Transport USA,INC./at local,390 N...
Seek the legal operating of a company in your state name; Freight Transport USA,INC./at local,390 N. Academy Blvd. , Colorado Springs , Co. 80918 / at www.freighttransusa.com.Would you please respond to me on its state of legality as it pertains for potential employment satellite working from home; Thank You.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
2/24/2016
Employment Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

There is no company by that name registered to do business in Colorado. You can see a list of all companies with "Freight Transport" in their names registered in that state by clicking this link. That address is in the middle of a medical complex, which makes it a very unusual place to house a transportation business. The fact that there's no suite number is ***** highly suspect, because that's a large building with many offices (and not a warehouse, where you'd expect to find a shipping company). That website is registered to a third-party private registration company located in Massachusetts, which usually means they don't want people to know where they're located.

A large percentage of work from home jobs that don't require any specialized training, education, or experience are scams. Some ways that you can spot scam jobs are:

1. The pay seems much higher than what you'd expect for the position.
  2. The interview is conducted via email or chat.
  3. The interview consists primarily of the other person telling you about the benefits of the job, without them asking many (if any) questions about your qualifications.
  4. The company contacts you about the job instead of you reaching out to them.
  5. The job involves you depositing checks into your own bank account for any reason.
  6. Or the job involves them sending you packages and having you reship them elsewhere (best case scenario there, you're doing something illegal, because there's no legitimate reason to pay someone to do that.

Also, their website is identical to this one. That is a strong indicator that one, or both, of the sites is a scam.

http://frontlinefreightinc.com/

One other thing that seems odd - on their website, they're offering "1099 taxation form" as one of the job perks, along with "great benefits," and "a good vacation policy." 1099 workers are independent contractors, not employees, and typically are not entitled to benefits or paid vacation. So that's another sign that something's not quite right here.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer