Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I have worked at Macys years this coming May. i had three

Customer Question
i have worked at Macys...
i have worked at Macys for 24 years this coming May. i had three conversations regarding being under the minimum required attendance point system in November, 2015. I was told during the last interview that the personnel mgr would let me know when my last day would be, as i rejected any on-call, or unpaid leave they offered me at that time. i heard nothing again until out of the blue, i was suspended by the the store assistant mgr on January 24, 2016, a full 2 months after the corrective interviews. They used me to cover the selling floor during the holidays, and then decided to take action. Waiting a month to be taken off-roll has been stressful, especially as i am not being paid. Furthermore, my lates and absences have all been medically related as i have a doctor's note that makes my inability to consistently comply with the attendance point system crystal clear. May I ask for back-pay for waiting for a month, unpaid for macys to make a decision?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
2/22/2016
Employment Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel and I am sorry to hear of this situation.

Please tell me, under the required attendance point system are there allowances for medical purposes that are supported by a physician's note?

Tina, Lawyer