How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 57382
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was offered and excepted a job 11-18-14 and my first day

Customer Question

I was offered and excepted a job 11-18-14 and my first day on the job was 12-15-14. It was explained to me I had to go through a back-ground check drug testing and the job was non-union and would soon be added to the union. My salary would the management salary the only salary at the time and any future raises would be negotiated by the union. The employer and union negotiated a step salary for this position that was signed by the union on 11-19-14 and the employer 12-9-14. The management salary was equal to the last step in the salary schedule which I have been paid for the last year. The states all employees hire before the signing will at the last step and after the signing will follow the schedule. The union is saying I was hire after the signing, I am being over paid and wants to free my salary. The employer is saying my hiring process started before the signing and should received the negotiated raises. Not receiving a raise for 4 years was not what I agreed to leaving one employer to come to this employer. Do I have any recourse.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.


Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

The controlling date is the date you were hired relative to the wages offered then, not when you began negotiation. If you meet resistance on pay, you should have union assistance, but may also involve local counsel to negotiate for you. Kindly let me know if you want a pair of directories for that?

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if I can clarify anything

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The union is fighting against the raises and has not included me in the process
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

you were hired from what you mentioned in time to be included so you need directly or through counsel to demand from the union and its legal department to be added to its appeal.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Is that clearer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you are saying I should go to the organization that's trying to screw me out of raises
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

First directly, secondly through counsel, and thirdly, if needed by suing them in court!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
suing who the Union
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what about what I was told I would receive when I accepted the job
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Claim would be against both Union and employer. I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly take a moment to rate me positively. Have a great day!