How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

, so im on f-1 visa and applying in within a week i

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: so im on f-1 visa and applying for OPT in within a week i helped a friends dad out for a few weeks fixing up old houses and he gave me some money for it. about $860 over the course of a month. I just got a 1099 for it under non employee compnesation is this violation of status should i be concerned when trying to change to permanent status
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Employment Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, do you still need an answer? are you filing a tax return on the income?