Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Thank you assistance. I have arthritis and struggle to walk…

Customer Question
Thank you for your...

Thank you for your assistance. I have arthritis and struggle to walk at times. Otherwise, I am relatively healthy. Does my condition qualify for FMLA?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I am 45. I tore my acl, lcl and miniscus 22 years ago. I tore my miniscus in my left knee 6 years ago. I have never had surgery. From time to time, my knees buckle or slip out of joint. I struggle to climb stairs.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
2/22/2016
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

A medical condition qualifies for FMLA if it requires continuing treatment by a health care provider that results in an incapacity lasting more than three consecutive calendar days with either two or more in-person visits to the health care provider within 30 days of the date of incapacity OR one in-person visit to the health care provider with a regimen of continuing treatment, such as prescription medication, physical therapy, etc.

In other words, if your arthritis requires you to see a doctor and to follow a treatment regimen of some kind (i.e. prescription drugs, physical therapy, etc.) it should qualify for FMLA leave.

In order to formalize your FMLA leave request, you will want to fill out this form.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

Was I able to answer your question here? Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you....

Can you please let me know if you are receiving my messages?