How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12801
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank you assistance. I have arthritis and struggle to walk

Customer Question

thank you for your assistance. I have arthritis and struggle to walk at times. Otherwise, I am relatively healthy. Does my condition qualify for FMLA?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am 45. I tore my acl, lcl and miniscus 22 years ago. I tore my miniscus in my left knee 6 years ago. I have never had surgery. From time to time, my knees buckle or slip out of joint. I struggle to climb stairs.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Employment Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

A medical condition qualifies for FMLA if it requires continuing treatment by a health care provider that results in an incapacity lasting more than three consecutive calendar days with either two or more in-person visits to the health care provider within 30 days of the date of incapacity OR one in-person visit to the health care provider with a regimen of continuing treatment, such as prescription medication, physical therapy, etc.

In other words, if your arthritis requires you to see a doctor and to follow a treatment regimen of some kind (i.e. prescription drugs, physical therapy, etc.) it should qualify for FMLA leave.

In order to formalize your FMLA leave request, you will want to fill out this form.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Was I able to answer your question here? Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you....

Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Can you please let me know if you are receiving my messages?