Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was terminated to respond to a written counseling. The…

Customer Question
I was terminated for failure...
I was terminated for failure to respond to a written counseling. The counseling was dated July 31, 2015. Since that time I received my annual evaluation (dated Nov 14,2015) with a grade of "Fully Acceptable" in communication and an overall grade of "consistently above acceptable". I asked my Branch manager why I was terminated, and I was given no clear answer. I also reached out to the company's HR department, with no reply.
Do I have a legitimate claim for wrongful termination?
Thank You,
Todd
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
2/22/2016
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to answering your question and providing excellent service.

Do you have a written employment agreement requiring cause for termination?

Do you have any reason to suspect you are being treated differently due to your race, religion, ethnicity, etc.?

Tina, Lawyer