Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was off without cause on Friday under the at will close of

Customer Question
I was laid off without...
I was laid off without cause on Friday under the at will close of the Florida department of Health. I received no severance pay except the balance of my leave that will expire this upcoming Thursday. Under the Florida Labor Laws it states that an employee should at least received 1 week for every year worked. I started working for the FDOH in 2013 and was promoted in the 2014. Should I not receive the appropriate severance under the law? What is my recourse?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/21/2016
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good morning. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Do you have a written employment agreement requiring the payment of severance.

Which Florida statute did you read which stated all terminated at-will employees were entitled to severance?

Are you online with me?

Tina, Lawyer