Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Q: Can my employer non-renew my contract while I am in my…

Customer Question
Q: Can my employer non-renew...
Q: Can my employer non-renew my contract while I am in my termination appeal period ??
I was terminated from my training position just because my boss did not like. I am currently in my appeal period pending their decision. This month I was only paid until Feb08.Which is the end of the first year contract. I asked for update and I was told that the department did not renew my contract ?? is this true and possible ?? how can my contract is non-renewed while I am already terminated and appeal did not finish.
Also they changed my tax filling status from married to single and increase my tax deduction by 300$. Despite alerting them, they also withheld the same amount this month and did not fix their mistakes.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
2/21/2016
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Can my employer non-renew my contract while I am in my termination appeal period ??

Response: Yes, your employer can do that. However, if you prevail in your appeal, then your contract will be reinstated.

Response 2: You need to contact payroll again about the issue so that it can be corrected.