How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 117420
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in the process of rebuilding my credit through

Customer Question

I am in the process of rebuilding my credit through Lexington Law firm,afer being contacted by them,The creditor garnished my paycheck,can a garnishment be stopped?They are taking over $600 every month from my paycheck,Im getting behind in my bills...
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Employment Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: Don't think so,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to file an objection to garnishment in the court that issued the garnishment order. You need to argue that the garnishment is causing significant damage and present a financial statement to the court proving your claim.
You also need to contact the law firm to contact the creditor as well to negotiate further to work on that debt as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to hire a lawyer in the state I live in?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
If the garnishment order was filed in the state where you live, that is the court where you need to file your objection to garnishment.