Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am in the process of rebuilding my credit through

Customer Question
I am in the...

I am in the process of rebuilding my credit through Lexington Law firm,afer being contacted by them,The creditor garnished my paycheck,can a garnishment be stopped?They are taking over $600 every month from my paycheck,Im getting behind in my bills...

Lawyer's Assistant: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Employment Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?

Don't think so,

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
2/20/2016
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to file an objection to garnishment in the court that issued the garnishment order. You need to argue that the garnishment is causing significant damage and present a financial statement to the court proving your claim.
You also need to contact the law firm to contact the creditor as well to negotiate further to work on that debt as well.
I need to hire a lawyer in the state I live in?
Thank you for your reply.
If the garnishment order was filed in the state where you live, that is the court where you need to file your objection to garnishment.