How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 33911
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a person or group, issues public accusations that are

Customer Question

If a person or group, issues public accusations that are false, demeaning of character and professional service and knowingly prints this for circulation , what legal recourse does one have, other than legal.....can a written apology be demanded or is legal action requires...also having been dismissed from a part time job because of age.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

I'm not sure what you mean by "other than legal". Can you explain? Are you asking about remedies or the actual method of getting a remedy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A written and announced statement of apology, after I have read and approved of what is said, to the congregation would satisfy me. I was dismissed and asked to leave the church in 15 minutes because they couldn't afford my position, only to hire another "younger person" two weeks later...I have written prof of this being said in an email from a church officer..As for legal action, a letter and phone conversation with the Head of Adm. of the church would cause a great response from this "young,first job minister" and his staff.He lied about the reason for my dismissal, was call out about his action by the Ch.of Ch. finance, and next admitted to the congregation he was wrong and ask for forgiveness.....I could care less about him, its is my reputation that I wish to defend.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please answer the question, legally can require written apology, or is it against federal and state law to dismiss one for age discrimination.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

No, the court cannot require a written apology s a remedy to a lawsuit.

It is generally illegal to dismiss someone based on their advanced age. However, the courts are reluctant to enforce discriminatory actions against churches som unlike with a corporation, it isn't a guarantee. The courts just started this recently with discrimination based on the Americans with Disabilities Act but I haven't seen it applied to age discrimination cases yet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good response,thanks will consider my options
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Best wishes to you and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.