Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

We have a fed route we are required to record daily hours

Customer Question

We have a fed route we are required to record daily hours for our drivers/employees and must pay them at least the minimum hourly rate. I submit this on payroll and once I calculate that pay I add dollars to ensure they are making a minimum of 150 a day. Does this comply with state labor requirements?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you .

This should more than meet the requirements.he General Industry Minimum Wage Act states that employers must pay all employees in New York State, including most domestic workers, at least $9.00 per hour as of December 31, 2015. You appear to more than meet the requirements for minimum wage here in NY.

http://www.labor.ny.gov/workerprotection/laborstandards/workprot/minwage.shtm

This does not appear to be a problem you are within the law as you set out here.$150 a day would be adequate here in NY for such work.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreciated.