Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

How can an employer retain your pension plan after you have…

Customer Question
How long can an employer...
How long can an employer retain your pension plan after you have left your job and have asked numerous times that you want out of it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
2/18/2016
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Good afternoon

The pension amount, to the extent vested and earned, must be immediately turned over to the employee as employee directs. The pension plan normally provides for 30 days to do so. If not being done, you may threaten complaint to the labor board and legal action. Practically, a call and e-mail from local lawyer often gets them to act on it.

I trust that is fast and clear, please let me know.

awaiting your reply, thanks.

Kindly rate me positively.