Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am having a very difficult time receiving unempoyment

Customer Question
Hello. I am having...
Hello. I am having a very difficult time receiving unempoyment income. I worked for the same company for over 16 years and was separated by company wide downsizing. I have had a horrible experience reporting my lump sum distribution in a way the adjudicator can calculate my deduction from comensation I rolled over a pension amount and a 401K amount. The I have sent all the paperwork requested but not sure I reported correctly. I reported a total of 33K lump sum that I took from my IRA post-rollover. They need to know what my company contributed and I believe I provided that but the adjudicator says they still can't make the calculation so I can start receiving compensation. I'm not sure what to do. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
2/17/2016
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

I am sorry to read about your situation.

You need to contact your payroll department to state specifically what the employer's percentage contribution is and what the total amount of the employer's contribution would be from the 33k lump sum amount.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law