How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19675
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having a very difficult time receiving unempoyment

Customer Question

Hello. I am having a very difficult time receiving unempoyment income. I worked for the same company for over 16 years and was separated by company wide downsizing. I have had a horrible experience reporting my lump sum distribution in a way the adjudicator can calculate my deduction from comensation I rolled over a pension amount and a 401K amount. The I have sent all the paperwork requested but not sure I reported correctly. I reported a total of 33K lump sum that I took from my IRA post-rollover. They need to know what my company contributed and I believe I provided that but the adjudicator says they still can't make the calculation so I can start receiving compensation. I'm not sure what to do. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to read about your situation.

You need to contact your payroll department to state specifically what the employer's percentage contribution is and what the total amount of the employer's contribution would be from the 33k lump sum amount.