Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

2013 taken from stressful work place by EMS temporary lose

Customer Question
of memory and high blood...
2013 taken from stressful work place by EMS temporary lose of memory and high blood pressure vertigo six months later started to remember some things after many doctors visit surgery counseling and medications diagnosis post traumatic stress 2016 home on disability no longer can do what I love working are jobs around home where did the time go my daughter has to take care of my affairs what just happened to me
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
2/16/2016
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question about this for us?
What state did this happen in, since the statute of limitations may have expired?
Did you file a workers compensation claim, since this is a work related claim and that is the only claim you can make?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Shouldn't they be responsible I think I was getting sick days
Thank you for your reply.
Was this handled under workers compensation and did workers compensation pay the bills? I need to know that and the state this is in, because if you failed to file a workers compensation claim within the proper time called the statute of limitations your claim could be barred.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No workers comp I was ill an out of my mind my children all work an cared for me best they could sorry I respond so late I Have to stop an regroup thinking about it makes kind of set me back a bit my insurance paid the bills an when they stopped because they fired me because we could send paper work back on time my children paid an or still paying out of pocket for that surgery I'm in Louisiana sorry for taking up your time its just makes me upset because I loved my job an working
Thank you for your reply.
Under Louisiana law you had 1 year to file a claim. If you did not file a claim under workers compensation then I am afraid that it may be too late now to take any actions against anyone, I am very sorry.
Tina, Lawyer