Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

What rules does DuPont apply to pension plan division? Plan…

Customer Question
What rules does DuPont apply...
What rules does DuPont apply to pension plan division? Plan ended in 2007
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
2/16/2016
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Please explain what you mean, since pension plan division in Florida and under federal law, the Employee's Retirement Income Security Act, requires the court issue what is called a Qualified Domestic Relations Order, which is served on the pension plan administrator and the court decides how much of your pension your ex spouse is entitled to as their marital share. Dupont does not set their own rules, the rules on pension plan division are determined by the court in accordance with ERISA by issuing the QDRO and serving the QDRO on the pension plan ordering them what to distribute to you and what to distribute to your ex.