Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am a 45 yr old female working in the building industry.

Customer Question
I've been working for my...
I am a 45 yr old female working in the building industry. I've been working for my current employer for 14 yrs. I am required to hand out " girly" calendars every year at the beginning of the year to customers. The calendars are of girls in bathing suits and digestive posses. I've expressed handing the calendars out make me feel uncomfortable. I'm told yo get over it, it's not a big deal and to just hand them out. While delivering these calendars I get comments like, " what month is your picture in?" Do I have a case for filing a sexual harassment case?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
2/15/2016
Employment Lawyer: RESPONDER9, Employment Lawyer replied 1 year ago
RESPONDER9
RESPONDER9, Employment Lawyer

Hello and thank you for your question. This is certainly an uncomfortable situation and a difficult one. if the requirement to hand out the calendars is not one that is required of males in similar jobs as yours with the employer, there is certainly a high probability that you have a case of discrimination. This seems your best approach if you wish to pursue a case against your employer as it shows gender discrimination. I hope this helps and ask for your positive rating.

You've had some time to review my answer, and I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating; these allow me to continue to serve customers. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question and keeps your payment unless you request a refund because the website charged you the full value of your question at the time an answer was provided. Thanks.

RESPONDER9
RESPONDER9
RESPONDER9, Employment Lawyer