Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can I resubmit a FMLA claim due to a doctor who is not

Customer Question
cooperating?...
Can I resubmit a FMLA claim due to a doctor who is not cooperating?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
2/15/2016
Employment Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

Yes, you are not locked to a single doctor or a single submission. Certainly, numerous submissions take extra time and your employer can always question when there are two submissions with conflicting results. However, if it just appears that one doctor isn't cooperating, that isn't a basis for challenge. The FMLA recognizes that doctors are their own people and may not be perfectly cooperative in the FMLA process.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.