Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Texas Texas Am I required to respond to a request and income…

Customer Question
Texas Texas Am I required to respond...
Texas
Texas
Am I required to respond to a request for employment and income verification from this enity?
Background;
I hired a contractor for services. I have signed paperwork.
But because I never was provided with a copy of this contractors's DBA after 6 months and several requests
I stopped using their service.
I received a request for employment & income verification.
So the individual could apply for food stamps.
I had replied by mail (on the form) this person is not an employee, but Texas H&HR has not received my answer - (per the individual) and is asking for me to fill out this request form again.
I'm tired of dealing with this issue and individual. If Heath and Human resources did not receive it or can't find it, too bad. I prefer not to deal with the issue or individual Further.
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
2/14/2016
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

No you could just respond that they were contractor that was terminated for cause and sign and send it back.Keep it short and sweet here, they were not an employee and you no longer have a relationship.Thats the extent of your requirements to conclude this.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate when we are done it is much appreciated.Take care now.

Ray, Employment lawyer