How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Employment lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 41601
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Texas Texas Am I required to respond to a request and income

Customer Question

Am I required to respond to a request for employment and income verification from this enity?
I hired a contractor for services. I have signed paperwork.
But because I never was provided with a copy of this contractors's DBA after 6 months and several requests
I stopped using their service.
I received a request for employment & income verification.
So the individual could apply for food stamps.
I had replied by mail (on the form) this person is not an employee, but Texas H&HR has not received my answer - (per the individual) and is asking for me to fill out this request form again.
I'm tired of dealing with this issue and individual. If Heath and Human resources did not receive it or can't find it, too bad. I prefer not to deal with the issue or individual Further.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

No you could just respond that they were contractor that was terminated for cause and sign and send it back.Keep it short and sweet here, they were not an employee and you no longer have a relationship.Thats the extent of your requirements to conclude this.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can positive rate when we are done it is much appreciated.Take care now.