Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

After returning from FMLA and short term disability my

Customer Question
employer is documenting action to...
After returning from FMLA and short term disability my employer is documenting action to terminate me. I was off work due to three surgeries ( I contracted a very bad infection from the first surgery) with within four months. Prior to going into the last surgery my short term disability was not approved and all of my vacation (eight weeks) had been taken away. I had no counseling on FMLA and returned to work for three hours the day after my surgery to make sure that I completed my 40 hr work week. Since my return to work January 4th it was very apparent that my director had alienated me. I saw my Dr. yesterday and she feels that I should be on FMLA again starting immediately and backdating to my surgery date. The hostile environment my employer has created is impeding my ability to heal. I did walk out of my review when it was when it became a defamation of character and not my ability to do the work. In ten years at this fortune 400 company I have never had a poor review.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
2/14/2016
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and welcome. I am very sorry to hear about the apparent retaliation you are experiencing after taking FMLA. What is your question regarding this situation exactly? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Are you still looking for assistance with this? I am happy to help, but I need you to respond to my request for more information above.

No thank you

Okay, in that case I wish you luck with your matter. Take care and have a pleasant evening.

Tina, Lawyer