Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I WAS INJURYED BY A STUDENT (TRIPPED ME) TO THE FLOOR. I…

Customer Question
I WAS INJURYED BY A...
I WAS INJURYED BY A STUDENT (TRIPPED ME) TO THE FLOOR. I FELL ON MY KNEES AND LEFT SIDE IN OCTOBER . THROUGH WORKER COMP. I ONLY HAD 6 SESSIONS OF PT. THIS WAS ONE MONTH LATER IN NOVEMBER. THIS SITUATION HAS BEEN VERY STRESSFUL EVEN THOUGH I WENT TO WORK IN PAIN. PT SUGGESTED TO USE A CAN AND KNEE WRAP TO HELP WITH THE PAIN IN MY KNEES. (IT REALLY HELPED). THEN I WAS SENT TO ANOTHER DOC. FOR OT BUT HE ONLY TALKED AND WROTE NOTES.
THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO MY SISTUATION I AM A TEACHER THAT IS DEDICATED TO THE JOB, BUT MY FAMILY PHYSICIAN WROTE ME OUT OF WROTE BECAUSE OF STRESS AND THE ENVIRONMENT THAT I CONTIUNED TO HAVE TO WORK IN...BUT OT DOC SAID THAT HE WOULD NOT WRITE A LEETER FOR ME TO GO HOME FOR REST. SO I HAVE TO USE MAY SICK DAYS IN ORDER TO BE PAID FOR THE TIME THAT I AM OUT BECAUSE OF THE CLASSROOM SISTUATION. HOW CAN I PROCEED FOR WORKERS COMP. TO PAY FOR MY TIME OUT RECOVER.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
2/14/2016
Employment Lawyer: Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Christopher B, Esq.

What state are you from?

North Carolina

The Industrial Commission administers the Workers’ Compensation Act: http://www.ic.nc.gov/

This page will explain the steps you need to take and then you can file a claim (form 18): http://www.ic.nc.gov/claimants.html

This site will answer any questions you have and it is where you will file your claim in North Carolina.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.