Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have owned a cabinet shop 20 yrs but do not do the work…

Customer Question
I have owned a cabinet...
I have owned a cabinet shop for about 20 yrs but do not do the work only office work. Can I collect my union pension southern calif.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
2/10/2016
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
There are union protection clauses, so you need to read your pension plan description. What does your plan description state about continuing to work while collecting pension? Even though you are not doing the actual work, just being in the same type of business can indeed preclude you depending on the actual wording of your plan description, which I would need you to tell me.