Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I have worked at my job years - graveyard shift. Two and a

Customer Question
Hi - I have worked...
Hi - I have worked at my job for 22 years - graveyard shift. Two and a half years ago, I asked to be transferred to a different branch, but was denied this request as I basically fulfill the job of two people who work the daytime and evening shift; incidentally, I had no one to relieve me for breaks. Since then, my supervisor has made life difficult for me. Whereas I had been giving glowing job evaluations, I received a bad evaluation that year. My subsequent evaluations have been ok, but I have received texts and calls during the daytime (my sleeping time) about work related issues. The situation came to a head last week and I was placed on suspension. After two days, I received a call to come into the office on Monday. I am concerned that I will be fired. Should I sign a letter of termination?
JA: Got it. The Employment Lawyer will know how to help you. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet. However, I have a lot of documentation on many of these issues and more.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Employment Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: I work in a mental hospital. I received a call from the ER and after hours, the nursing supervisors clear for medical clearance. Therefore, I had to notify them about this new patient in the call. The problem is the supervisor knew the person because the patient is an employee at the hospital. The patient/employee's department found out that the call was placed on her and now the patient/employee is claiming breach of confidentiality. Since this happened at the end of my shift, I had turned over this paper to the nursing supervisor and I left the facility. I am now being blamed for this breach of confidentiality. I was asked to sign a Declaration of Statement.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/6/2016
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Do you any reason to suspect that you are being treated differently due to your race, religion, ethnicity, etc?

Are you online with me?

Tina, Lawyer