How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5687
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are a small group of non-union school department

Customer Question

We are a small group of non-union school department employees. We have had no contract for more than 1 year. A school appointed administrator failed to submit contract papers. We were directed by HR to form a committee to write and present a contract to the school superintendent. We do not know how to do this properly. There seems to be many unanswered questions. We need to make sure our interests are represented and insure that we get benefits that have been negotiated by other school dept employees. Do we need a lawyer? Are there any free legal services available to a group such as us?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

You would be well served to get a lawyer experienced in labor law to draft a contract proposal and submit proposals on your behalf as a committee. While you are not a union, and Georgia doesn't allow collective bargaining for public employees, you could miss things if you just draft it yourselves . You are not going to get this service for free.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.