Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

We got a letter from the Labor Commisioner, State of

Customer Question
California . Notice of Claim...
We got a letter from the Labor Commisioner, State of California . Notice of Claim and Conference State Case 18-94922 NQ. We had a lady live with our grandma and paid her as a household employee receiving a room , utilities, a car, gas and a food budget plus a salary. She stayed four months but it was a trial period. We paid her in cash , but never had a contract signed. Now she's trying to sue us for 30,000 in overtime . Do we need to get a lawyer?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
2/2/2016
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Yes I would strongly recommend getting an attorney as these tyoes of claims by domestic help are becoming more and more common and they are winning some.