How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2144
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We got a letter from the Labor Commisioner, State of

Customer Question

We got a letter from the Labor Commisioner, State of California . Notice of Claim and Conference State Case 18-94922 NQ. We had a lady live with our grandma and paid her as a household employee receiving a room , utilities, a car, gas and a food budget plus a salary. She stayed four months but it was a trial period. We paid her in cash , but never had a contract signed. Now she's trying to sue us for 30,000 in overtime . Do we need to get a lawyer?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Yes I would strongly recommend getting an attorney as these tyoes of claims by domestic help are becoming more and more common and they are winning some.

Related Employment Law Questions