Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

The business (hospital) I was working. They did not pay me…

Customer Question
The business (hospital) I was...
The business (hospital) I was working for closed. They did not pay me for the two weeks prior plus two days into the new pay period. I also have not heard from the people who handle my 401K plan. What recourse do I have in getting paid for what is owed me. Thank you, ***** ***** Kirkland.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
2/2/2016
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

You absolutely have a right to be paid and find out information about any savings you have under the 401k plan. You may need to file a lawsuit however to get that money. They may have filed bankruptcy which would make it virtually impossible to get it, but it is worth pursuing until you are aware bankruptcy has been filed. Depending on the amount owed, you could file in small claims court if the amount owed is less than $5000.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer