Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I quit my job on 12/31/2015. I am still owed me hrs. They…

Customer Question
I quit my job on...
I quit my job on 12/31/2015. I am still owed me for 59 hrs. They said I did't clock in or out because I lost my name badge. I asked for my ID number numerous times but was not given it until my last day. Now they are refusing to pay me.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
2/1/2016
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

You are entitled to be paid for all hours that you worked, regardless of whether you were formally clocked in. Therefore, you can bring a wage claim for the 59 hours your employer is refusing to pay you for. The wage claim process is free and does not require an attorney. Provided you have some way of demonstrating that you actually worked on the days you lost your badge, you should not have difficulty prevailing on your wage claim.

To initiate the wage claim process, see here.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.