Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

This question is very specific to Wisconsin ring questions

Customer Question

Hello... My Name is***** question is very specific to Wisconsin hiring questions regarding for a 3 year substitute teaching license.
They ask: "Have you ever participated in a deferred prosecution agreement or program to dispose of charges resulting from a criminal investigation, including cases that have been expunged (removed) from your record?
I was entrapped & charged in Illinois in 2006 for "Solicitation of a sexual act". My lawyer told me to plead guilty since it was part of a sweep with 9 officers involved and i would never win against the police. I was released on court supervision for two years with 40 hours of public service the case was then dismissed. I was never convicted. In October 2013 I had the case expunged in Illinois and my record disappeared from Winnebago search records. Some how the state of Wisconsin investigators found the charge from 2006 that should be wiped from the face of the earth.... I had answered NO to the DPI question based on some research and advise from the Illinois law firm.
I now read that Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has strict guidelines that apply to software .... For example: "The EEOC has a seven year limit on asking about arrests...but no time limit at all on convictions.
My arrest was NINE (9) years ago.
Mine was an arrest.
Mine was dismissed.
Mine was NOT a conviction.
Mine was EXPUNGED by the court of Winnebago county in 2013
Thank you for any insight. The DPI is now pushing for me to provide detailed story behind the arrest they never should have seen but it appears my expungement was NOT relayed to the national data base clearing houses.
Best regards,
James *******
***********
***********
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation, Jim. First, can you please tell me whether you are a minority by race, religion, creed, etc?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.