How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I 't believe i was represented correctly during a write-up.

Customer Question

i don't believe i was represented correctly during a write-up. Iy has been almost 2 months and I would like to grieve the write-up. How can i go about greiving the write-up in this stage?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I worked a 10hr shift in the ICU trying to save the life of a patient. I was given a few minutes during my shift to take a break. I walked to the cafeteria to grab a bite to eat, unfortunately for me, the cafeteria was running short due to a call out and all they had was a beef patty. While I was waiting on line to pay for my food, i received a page regarding the patient i saved the life for and I ran out of the cafeteria without paying. A few days later, my manager called me down and gave me a level 3 writeup from a complaint from the kitchen worker. I was threatened that i would lose my license and I did not have proper representation. I was forced to sign the wiretap or else get FIRED. I have worked for this organization for 17 years with not one item in my file.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Employment Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what state this is in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
State of NY
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I assume that you're a union member (which is why you have the right to representation)? What was the extent of the representation that you received?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's the issue. I was misrepresented. My union rep informed me that she couldn't do anything for me and actually forced me to sign the write up. Since I have a clean record and have never had a counseling or conversation with anyone regarding performance or anything else. I didn't know what to do. She also told me if I didn't sign they would report me to the state of professions.
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

What does your union agreement say in regards ***** ***** you'll receive in terms of representation?

Related Employment Law Questions