Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I 't believe i was represented correctly during a write-up.

Customer Question
i don't believe i was...
i don't believe i was represented correctly during a write-up. Iy has been almost 2 months and I would like to grieve the write-up. How can i go about greiving the write-up in this stage?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I worked a 10hr shift in the ICU trying to save the life of a patient. I was given a few minutes during my shift to take a break. I walked to the cafeteria to grab a bite to eat, unfortunately for me, the cafeteria was running short due to a call out and all they had was a beef patty. While I was waiting on line to pay for my food, i received a page regarding the patient i saved the life for and I ran out of the cafeteria without paying. A few days later, my manager called me down and gave me a level 3 writeup from a complaint from the kitchen worker. I was threatened that i would lose my license and I did not have proper representation. I was forced to sign the wiretap or else get FIRED. I have worked for this organization for 17 years with not one item in my file.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Employment Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
2/1/2016
Employment Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what state this is in?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
State of NY

Thank you. I assume that you're a union member (which is why you have the right to representation)? What was the extent of the representation that you received?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's the issue. I was misrepresented. My union rep informed me that she couldn't do anything for me and actually forced me to sign the write up. Since I have a clean record and have never had a counseling or conversation with anyone regarding performance or anything else. I didn't know what to do. She also told me if I didn't sign they would report me to the state of professions.

What does your union agreement say in regards ***** ***** you'll receive in terms of representation?

Tina, Lawyer