Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I resigned from my position at UPS back in 2013. Since then…

Customer Question
Good Morning. I resigned from my...
Good Morning.
I resigned from my position at UPS back in 2013. Since then I have not been able to withdraw or roll my pensions out of the company. UPS indicated because my plan benefit exceeds $5000, I do not qualify for a cash-out distribution, but again they will not allow me to roll my pension over to a different company or a private back as well.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
1/31/2016
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Why are they telling you that you cannot do so, it is more than the plan exceeds $5000, it must be that you are vested in the plan, correct? Your plan remains valid and you can collect it when you reach the proper age stated in the plan, have they told you that?