Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My boyfriend has died s hair purple and he lays flooring…

Customer Question
my boyfriend has died his...
my boyfriend has died his hair purple and he lays flooring for a living and his boss commented on the photo on Facebook that if it is not back to his normal hair color by Monday then he is to not go into work would you consider that firing him? also if he was to get fired over that could he draw unemployment? his boss also does not let him take off work unless he has a doctors note and has made him work when he has been sick. im just so tired of him being mistreated and wanted to get some information before we find out the hard way and have no income coming in other than mine
thanks in advance
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
1/31/2016
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Unfortunately they can regulate appearance of their employees. I think if they fired your boyfriend it would be with cause and he would not get unemployment benefits. On the other hand tell me more about this sick leave issue.