Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

How do I know if I'm in violation of a non-compete

Customer Question
contract?...
How do I know if I'm in violation of a non-compete contract?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
I will wait on your response by mail and gmail
1/30/2016
Employment Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Richard, Attorney

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me a full explanation of your situation? Thanks.

I know the company rule on sop and compliance but at the time the HIPP law was broken i did not comliance training for what i was working with only a short time processing ic cards. Nothing happened to the supervisor that told me to use client number on req which was the wrong number. After compliance training i started investigating every client number to be sure that was the right Dr the supervisor that gave .the instructions is still on the job. No one tookvany actions when i reported the issue. That is just one thing, last spring early summer i called corporate and reported how specimans would come in and set out from the time they get there 2:00 or 3:00 a m and wouldnt be completed until midnight with the work for the day piling up on top of whst wasnt finished from the day before. That went on for quite a few months. June it was quite warm in the department and the specimens would set in that temperture all day until finished that night. Lavenders sst, serum urines other techs was upset about the situation also. I didnt remember the name of the one tech because he was fairly new and i only spoke with him when i could. Everybody that knew about the situation as far as i know is stiil employed. HR offered me to appeal my position as i was being terminated. But what she didnt know June 2015 the mgr and supervisor took me in a little room and acted very unprofessional. Mgr: compliance cant tell me what to do. Repeadily supervisor: you got a evil heart she said something a bout respect. God gave me a deaf ear to what was taking place in the room. I went in with peace and i came out with peace. My remark to respect first you start with your self respect. I had stressed to the max in 2006 i had two strokes God raised me up in three days, i vowed to not let that job push me to that point ever again. I would give up 200 hours of top to try and help meet the compaby goal and deadlines constantly reported equipment problems to supervisor her reply i was the only one having a problem. I feel like i had been setup on the final errors.

Thanks for following up. Did you sign a non-compete contract with your employer? What exactly was your job? And, what this contract specify you were restricted from doing? What is your new job? And, how far from your former job? Thanks.

I did not get an answer about the 100% of 24 yrs vested in company stock

I'm not sure I understand. Your question stated the following: How do I know if I'm in violation of a non-compete contract?

There was no mention of company stock. Given that, I pretty clearly do not think I understand the entire situation well enough to be confident that I can provide a complete and accurate assessment. Therefore, I am going to opt out to open your question up to all experts so another expert can hopefully timely provide you the information you seek. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow the process of such an expert picking up your question. Take care.

Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, but I need you to explain what your non-compete agreement says and why you think you may be violating it?