Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

My husband had a severs back injury and both of us are out

Customer Question

My husband had a severs back injury and both of us are out of work. Am I intitiled to any compensation for having to be his care giver? he has to have one before released from hospitial. I am his wife and I need to take care of him but right now I had to take an fmla and he nor I have any income. Please tell me what I need to do. thank you.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have an answer yet?
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

Are you entitled to compensation from the government? No. Unless you meet criteria such a welfare or food stamps or other such social programs. Your husband could apply for social security disability (SSDI) if he has a permanent disability that keeps him out of work. This benefit would be based on his work history and you apply through social security. You could also apply for supplemental social security (SSI) but that has asset ($3000 for a married couple in qualified assets) limitations as well as income limitations. So there are several programs you or husbandcan apply for if you meet qualifications that might help.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site.

Just checking back in, did you have any further questions?