How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2983
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband had a severs back injury and both of us are out

Customer Question

My husband had a severs back injury and both of us are out of work. Am I intitiled to any compensation for having to be his care giver? he has to have one before released from hospitial. I am his wife and I need to take care of him but right now I had to take an fmla and he nor I have any income. Please tell me what I need to do. thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have an answer yet?
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

Are you entitled to compensation from the government? No. Unless you meet criteria such a welfare or food stamps or other such social programs. Your husband could apply for social security disability (SSDI) if he has a permanent disability that keeps him out of work. This benefit would be based on his work history and you apply through social security. You could also apply for supplemental social security (SSI) but that has asset ($3000 for a married couple in qualified assets) limitations as well as income limitations. So there are several programs you or husbandcan apply for if you meet qualifications that might help.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in, did you have any further questions?