Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Statute of limitation harasment in ny

Customer Question
statute of limitation for alleged...
statute of limitation for alleged sexual harasment in ny
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
1/30/2016
Employment Lawyer: John, Employment Lawyer replied 2 years ago
John, Employment Lawyer

There are a couple ways to sue for sexual harassment - in federal court (first with the EEOC), or second you can file an administrative claim with the state, or third you can go directly to state court and file a claim. The statutes of limitations are as follows:

The federal court option must be filed within 300 days of harassment.

Same 300 days if you want to file a state administrative charge.

And, 3 years if you want to go directly to state court

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as itis the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.