Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

You previously assisted me with a? I had 8 days ago. This…

Customer Question
You previously assisted me with...
You previously assisted me with a ? I had 8 days ago. This employer is trying to impose lunch and absentee policy at the end of the policy acknowledgement it states " I understand that, except for employment at-will status, an and all policies and practices may be changed at any time by Retina Specialist, and the company reserves the right to change my hours, wages and working conditions at any time. All such changes will be communicated through official notices, and I understand that revised information may supersede, modify, or eliminate existing policies. Only the physician ownders of Retina Specialist have the ability to adopt revisions to any policies". Is it legal to change wages and working conditions and do I have to sign and acknowledge this information?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
1/29/2016
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I am sorry for your situation. Another customer just asked a similar question which I researched. They unfortunately can do this even if you do not sign the agreement as long as it is not being done to discriminate or retaliate or if there is no employee agreement in place. My worry for you is that if you do not sign it they could fire you. That actually might give rise to an actionable legal claim.

an employer at anytime can change your wages and hours?

Yes unfortunately. Advance notice is required and there should not be an employment agreement. I know it sounds unfair but that is the law.