Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I am inquiring about the same complaint as before. I opted

Customer Question

Hello again,
So I am inquiring about the same complaint as before. I opted to wait and see if my supervisor would have a follow up meeting with me before I requested a meeting with HR. He has not spoken to me in regards ***** ***** meeting nor has he followed up with his threats to decrease my contracted hours. My plan was to keep note of the meeting and to wait and see if he tries anything else.Recently, he targeted another female colleague of mines. He has now pulled her into a meeting and is terminating her contract. She has contacted HR and is requesting a full investigation with all the females on the job site.My question to you is if HR contacts me in regards ***** ***** thoughts about my supervisor and whether or not I feel discriminated/harassed against should I speak up? Should I mention my meeting with him and how he threatened to change my contracted hours after I inquired about my maternity benefit and the disparate treatment in the scheduling since us women spoke out in the meeting?A
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome back.

I cannot tell you what to do in this respect, but if you feel strongly that this is a gender issue that it would typically be wise to bring it up. However, you want to make SURE that you make clear that this is a gender issue, not simply a general "fairness" issue, and you also want to document your complaint in writing. This is a form of legally protected activity, as we may have discussed previously, which means it will be illegal for your employer to retaliate against you for it.

I hope this helps. If I can clarify anything just let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I choose not to speak about my personal meeting at this time and solely speak about the gender issue related to the scheduling would it have a negative effect on me later if I chose to bring it up?

I think that if you are going to raise the gender issue then you should bring up all facts that would tend to support it, this meeting included.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok great. Thanks again for your help.

You are very welcome, I'm glad I could help. Take care and have a good night.