Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I was demoted from my management position good reason and

Customer Question

I was demoted from my management position for no good reason and from $75K a year they put me hourly $10.00 Can they do that? I know Texas is at will employer but they don't know let me go because of unemployment benefits.
What are my legal rights?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

The general rule is the employer can do so. But not if discriminatory or violates a company policy. The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly take a moment to rate me positively.