Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work usps year form 1968-1979 off .then want to work part…

Customer Question
I work for the usps...
I work for the usps for 25 year form 1968-1979 off for 3year .then want to work part time3 year then in 1985 I want back to work as a clerk so i came in as an offset . because of the 1983 law. so now i am retired as of 2001 . so now i get two pay check 1 from usps 2 ssi ok now there a new law as of May 1 2016 will i lost my checks because of my usps check . ***@******.***
(###) ###-#### Thank you ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/27/2016
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Are you talking about the Windfall Elimination Provision, which would reduce your SS benefit by the amount of the retirement check you received from the USPS?
There a new law going in on may 1 2016 that will cut some of us will have our check cut . I need to know of I will be one of them ..
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Thank you for your reply.
We cannot tell a customer if they specifically will be under the windfall act, only SS can tell you that by looking at your account, so you need to call the SSA.