How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12479
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a lawyer from my company refuse my pay (I've been put on

Customer Question

Can a lawyer from my company refuse my pay (I've been put on paid administrative leave). If I don't give him a name? I ended up giving the name because I felt threatened but can he do that? Now all the emails state I'm on paid administrative leave?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Nobody can require you to do or say anything in order to get paid for wages you worked for and earned. However, if you are on administrative leave, you have no legal entitlement to be paid for that time, and so your employer can condition paying you for your leave on you cooperating with an investigation or giving a name. It sounds like that is what is happening here, and so there would be no legal violation in that case.

I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Are you still with me?