Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can I work as a contractor via 2 or more jobs via 2 or more…

Customer Question
Can I work as a...
Can I work as a contractor via 2 or more jobs via 2 or more federal contracting companies that service 2 or more different agencies of the federal government ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
1/26/2016
Employment Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The answer is yes, but there "ifs" involved.

There is nothing in federal law disallowing a contractor working more than one federal contract at a time. So this may be done under the law.

However, if either (a) the contract itself or (b) the intermediary company prohibits being contracted with another agency (any, or government specifically), then this would not be allowed per contract. If nothing in any contract states this, then theoretically one is allowed.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.

Ely, Counselor at Law