Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

At my school district I took Bereavement Leave. My

Customer Question
At my school district I...
At my school district I took Bereavement Leave. My father-in-law's funeral was December 30, 2015. I took the days from January 4-7 as my bereavement day as I offered support to my wife and mother-in-law. I was also able to help with much of the paperwork My district in PA is saying I have to take 1 sick day and 3 personal days instead of bereavement leave. Remember the funeral was over a holiday and not much could be accomplished.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
1/26/2016
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Can you please tell me are you a union member? Do you have a contract that entitles you to bereavement leave? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Tina, Lawyer